Here are some guidelines on forming adverbs from adjectives:
- In a large number of the cases, the adverb can be formed by simply adding ‘-ly’ to the adjective.
- If the adjective ends in with ‘y’, replace the ‘y’ with an ‘i’ and add ‘-ly’.
- If the adjective ends with ‘-le’, replace the ‘e’ at the end with ‘y’.
- If the adjective ends with ‘-ic’, add ‘-ally’.
An exception to this rule is ‘public’, whose adverbial form is ‘publicly’.
- Some adjectives do not change form at all.
- In the case of the adjective ‘good’, the corresponding adverb is ‘well’.